Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I'm BAAAAACK!

I know, I know, it's been a long time since my last post, about 7 weeks to be exact, so I'll fill you in on why the long hiatus and what I have been doing over the past two months.

On Friday, June 4, 2010, I interviewed for the Regional Reporter position that opened up at the Sun Prairie Star. The interview went well, and I walked out of the room feeling optimistic about my chances. Three days later I received from Chris Mertes, the managing editor at the paper, offering my the job, and my first day of work was June 9.

The first couple weeks were exhausting, due in fact to the place that I did not have a place of my own, so I was staying with a friend and commuting from Madison every day. I finally found a place of my own and have had my own apartment for just under three weeks. I tend to unpack a little at night, so I haven't completely finished yet.

I also recently purchased a bearded dragon, named Braxen. He's such a tiny guy and so cute! I wind up working 40 hours a week, which is nice because my hours later in the week are usually more flexible. It's a lot of work, but I am enjoying working there.

I've also been checking out some martial arts gyms in the area, and I believe I am going to settle on Paik's Traditional Martial Arts in Madison. I am going to try and post once a week now, but bear with me since I still do not have cable or internet...or working A/C for that matter, but that's irrelevant.

Check back later for more updates! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment