Thursday, November 25, 2010

What are you thankful for?

Well, it’s here again. Thanksgiving. Turkey day. The annual stuff-your-face-with-turkey-and-pumpkin-pie day. So while I’ve got your attention, how about letting me know what you are thankful for on this wonderfully fattening holiday?

Here are some thinks I am thankful for:

• My friends, Tim, Jake, Britney, Noor, all you oldies, but the new ones too: Jena, Ryan, Sara, Amy...everyone.

• My parents, my brother (who just turned 21 last week), my aunts, uncles, cousines, grandparents and everyone else in my crazy, zany family.

• My job, and all my interesting co-workers. I know how lucky I am to have a job in this economy, and the learning never stops. Seriously, I thought I was done with school when I graduated college...(;

• All the teachers that have helped and encouraged me along the way - you’ve taught me well and I appreciate it....

• and the teachers that were less than helpful and left me feeling discouraged - you’ve taught me never to give up when someone says I can’t do something or will never succeed, and how to get along with less than amiable people.

• My pets that keep me young...Calvin is quite the trouble-maker

• Chris, who didn’t let me back out of skydiving. (I was having second thoughts and didn’t want to leave the plane so he just kind of just jumped out, and since he was strapped to me, I had no choice but to go along, lol)

• Jordan, who has taken two amazing skydiving videos for me

• And the rest of the AtmosphAir staff, who has been very helpful and informative with the article I wrote. They are all such a nice and fun group of people.


Basically, I am thankful for everything and everyone in my life. I may not necessarily get along with everyone all the time, but my life is richer because of everyone. Thank you guys for everything!


Now unbotton those jeans a little and enjoy a second piece of pumpkin pie!


Happy Thanksgiving!

Rachel Wittrock

No comments:

Post a Comment