Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Moving Up!

Alright, I promised everyone like two weeks ago that I would post my good news, so for those of you that care and haven’t figured it out yet, I recently got promoted at work. I started June 9, 2010 as the Regional Reporter for the Sun Prairie Star. Over the past few months, I have worked hard covering city and county meetings.


In early April, our Associate Editor, Gina Covelli, accepted the position as the Managing Editor for The Herald-Independent in Cottage Grove. After the news came in, my boss offered me her position, and I accepted. Now instead of covering city and county news, I am responsible for writing lifestyle feature articles and doing the layout for the Lifestyle section.


It’s more responsibility and more hours, but it’s also a step up the career ladder, so I’m excited, and I think I’ll do well in the position, even though I’m a little slow at putting the layout together. But hey, I’ve only got two issues by myself under my belt, so it’s to be expected.

1 comment: