Tuesday, May 15, 2012

And people think my mind is a clusterfuck...


Pardon my rant, but I need to vent. After working a 12-hour day, and having to sit through a 2.5 hour meeting and getting back home at 10:20 p.m., there is nothing, and I do mean nothing, that I love more than having my neighbor knock on my door and bitch at me for helping out a friend.
To recap, my friend, we’ll call her Jane, had a roommate issue and needed to get ouf of her place in a hurry, so she moved in with me and hopefully by June the 2-bedroom we will be renting will be ready to move in. In the meantime, we’ve been using my garage to store her stuff that there isn’t space for in my 1-bedroom. 
So at 10:45 p.m. on Monday, there is a loud knock at my door. I peek out the peephole and my neighbor is there. I open the door and he says in a snotty, indignant, righteous tone, “I’ve been nice up til now, but you need to use your garage because I don’t have a space to park my second car.” 
Bear in mind this was the same neighbor who for the first few weeks when they moved in, his young son would open my door without knocking and just come into my apartment. And just two days ago, I was packing my dog’s kennel and as I was getting ready to go right down the stairs, he zooms ahead of me and then instead of holding the door for me at the bottom, slams it in my face.
To truly appreciate the situation, here are a few facts:
1) I live in a 6-unit apartment complex;
2) Of the 6 units, 4 are 2-bedrooms and the other two are 1-bedrooms;
3) Currently, four of the tenants have one car, just myself and my neighbor have two cars; and
4) Each unit has one garage, and there are four parking spaces outside, for a grand total of 10 parking spaces.
Now, you’d think with 10 parking spaces and 8 vehicles between the six units, there would be more than enough space for all the vehicles, even with the fact that one of the tenants does not park in his garage, ever. He instead uses the outside space. But my neighbor, who must think he is King Richard reincarnate, is too good to use the empty parking space that is about 25 feet away from his door. If only I knew that I was living royalty, I would have sworn fealty the moment he moved in. But alas, I was completely oblivious to the fact. It’s funny, I’ve lived here for two years and never had an issue with any of my neighbors, but this guy is here two months and apparently think he is entitled to be king of the roost. Heaven forbid that he park in the available parking space on the other side of the lot, all of 25 feet away. Because heaven forbid he have to walk an extra 10 second and risk getting attacked by the the Night Rider, who roams family neighborhoods by night, punishing the self-entitled. 
And honestly, unless your neighbors are being loud, unruly and disruptive, there is absolutely no reason to bang on their door at 11 at night. It’s something that can wait until morning. And when his kids were coming into my apartment without knocking, I politely mentioned it to them, I didn’t throw a gigantic hissy-fit like an overgrown two-year old. But what can I say? Some people have class, others don’t. 
So thank you dear neighbor, because up until now I had no idea you were next in line for the throne after Prince William. That even though I am rarely home, am never loud or disruptive, but friendly, have never been rude to any of my neighbors, you for some reason have managed to find a reason to be a jerk to me. But then again, some people just cannot see past their own issues, their own selfish needs, are unwilling to think of someone else. So I hope you find peace, dear neighbor, knowing that you truly are the reason society is going in a downward spiral. 

No comments:

Post a Comment