Sunday, August 25, 2013

More exciting news!

I must admit, even though I know change is not something to fear, it sometimes makes me nervous, especially when I am plunging into the unknown. But change is coming my way, full throttle, and this time I am very excited! 

On Thursday, Aug. 1, I was offered the news/government reporter for the Edgerton Reporter. On Wednesday, Aug. 21, I had my last day with The Star in Sun Prairie. The next day, on Aug. 22,  I met with my new landlord to hand over my security deposit and rent for the rest of this month. I am very excited to be moving from a 2-bedroom apartment in Sun Prairie to a house in Edgerton. 

I know, I know, the whole house is not mine, just the second story, but it has been converted into a new 2-bedroom apartment. The house is about 90 years old, but thankfully is up to date on electricity, which means if I get a window AC unit or plug my computer in, it will not blow the circuit, lol. 

It comes with my own washer and dryer in the basement and my own garage, but the real gem is the fenced in backyard. 

I will also be saving on gas - work is a half mile away, city hall is two blocks away, and so is the place that houses School Board meetings! The local library, police and fire station are also just a couple blocks away, and downtown is right around the corner!

The only thing that could possibly make my life better is if I can find a subleaser for my Sun Prairie apartment before September 1, so I do not have to pay for rent at two places. Keeping fingers crossed. 

Move-in was Saturday, Aug. 24. A more exhausting weekend could not be imagined. Saturday morning I ran Mud, Sweat and Beers in Sun Prairie (a post on that with pictures will soon follow), and the whole afternoon was spent finishing packing, loading up the U-Haul, my parents' van and two more cars. Then the drive to Edgerton and unloading everything. 

An angel came my way with Karen and Rick Klemp, my "second parents." They made the day go a lot more smoothly and faster. We would have been moving until midnight were it not for them. As it was we wrapped up around 8 p.m. and then my parents and I took them out for dinner at 2 Brothers. Delicious! 

Now time to unpack the boxes and start getting the apartment set up. Well, next weekend. I start my new job tomorrow. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment